Saturday, December 1, 2012

Day ?, 2012/12/01 I've lost count

Sometimes it's hard to know how much you depend on someone else until they aren't there anymore.  This week has been one of great strides, but from someone else's viewpoint might still be almost no difference.  The week started off slow when I forgot to leave the milk bottles out for the second week straight; we now have in excess of 20 empty bottles waiting to be picked up this week.  Had to beg our nanny to make dinner because i just couldn't bear the thought of preparing dinner.  I finally made it to the grocery store, with a meal plan and shopping list in hand.   However, I didn't make it home from the grocery store in time to make dinner.  Got the kids out in time for Scouts only to find out that there were no Scouts this week.  Completely forgot the in-laws were coming until I received a call that flooded my memory back into present time.

However, tonight Daddy-O would have been excited to see me at the annual Beck/Davies holiday party.  I stayed upstairs with the adults most of the time, had a glass of festive Martha Stewart Pomagranet pinch, talked with others with energy and interest, and didn't sit in a corner away from all the people.  It was fun and made me see me through Daddy-O's eyes just a little bit.  It's easy and comfortable to sit on the edge and watch all the action when he is with me.  I guess I have changes some in the last few years.  But, Daddy-O I was reminded of how sometimes it is nice to break outside my new comfort zone and "get in the game".

P.S. It would have been a little Max Headroom-ish if you had sat on a table Skyping in while I just sat in the corner "hanging out" with you (Daddy-O).

No comments: