Wednesday, February 13, 2013

We have a critical thinker

This morning in my delirium of sleep, I heard some knocking, knocking, knocking and more knocking. It must have stopped. But when I woke up, I vaguely remembered that there was some knocking at the door. I called out for Big Sister, but she answered. Next I went in search of Little Brother. I found him quietly sitting in the basement at the art table with all his supplies out ready to do an art project. He even had a bowl with a snack in it. He told me, "I couldn't open it." At first, I thought he meant he couldn't open the snack. Then he reminded me that the paints on the table were closed. He needed help with the paints.

Upon second inspection, I noticed that the bowl was full of Valentine M&Ms and the bag of M&Ms was open on the table. Normally, he gets himself a morning snack of graham crackers when I am not ready to feed him his breakfast. But this morning he said, "I could not open them." I couldn't figure out if he was he talking about the paints again or the graham crackers. But in fact, he was talking about the paints again. He told me, "I was hungry so I got myself a snack."

We have a critical thinker like his mother. Always able to rationalize with excellent logic why he has the snack he has. Can't help but love him.

Love you Little Brother!

P.S. All the M&Ms were put back into the bag without even a consideration of eating a piece myself.

No comments: