Wednesday, April 3, 2013

What should I say?

When people ask me how it's going without Mark, usually the answer is "ok"/"fine". But sometimes, you just have too much on your plate or on your mind for "fine" to be true.

This is where I am today! I am stressed out from a recent interaction that still has me reeling, compounded by being informing I am too much of a helicopter parent and demanding too much in the way of rules and all associated social and personal consequences that accompany it, a house that the kids tore apart in mere hours, and a 4-year old who is constantly talk/yelling and asking "what chu say?" or any other question that might come near his little head. Argh!!!

I know I am at my personal end because I am snapping at my kids, getting frustrated and angry when Big Sister fell off the top bunk, and putting them to bed early because I just can't bear my attitude towards them. Anyone have any band-aids that can stop this cut from ripping wide open?!

So, what should I really tell you when you ask? The truth or the answer that is easiest to hear?

No comments: