Saturday, January 12, 2013

Bike Ride in Bahrain

Headed out this morning for a couple hour ride.  So windy today, but thought I would throw some pictures up of my time on the bike.  While I had planned to Amwaj Island, I didn't quite make it there.  Below is my bike, the water and city in the background.
My Surly LHT


Prince Khalifa Bin Salman Park
Here is a park that I passed on the both ways.  Everything was pretty tame here, since the weather was crazy.  I have yet to go up in that tower in the picture.  I would like to go up there one day, since there is coffee shop up there.  This is one of the few green spaces that I have seen on this island.  I do wonder how much water this place takes in the summer time.
 
Another park picture, and you can see the wind really blowing.  The final picture is along the water where there were some rough looking fishing shacks.  I decided to only take a picture of the fishing cages, since I didn't want to offend anyone.  I also passed lots of water being filled in, but will have to take pictures next time.
Fishing Cages?

No comments: