Thursday, January 31, 2013

No more empty threats

Tonight I have finally drawn the line and stuck to it.  You can keep what is cleaned up before you go to bed. 

But what will happen to the stuff that not cleaned up?  That's a very hard question to answer and one I asked if I could refuse to answer because I didn't want to be the bad guy alone.  There is so much stuff that is still out that it hurts me to have to clean it up.  I have to keep reminding myself that it will make it easier to clean up in the future.  Items will be put away in storage for future use, sent to Goodwill or Freecycle/MOMS Club, or placed in the trash.

The good news is that our house has not been this organized in quite some time.  The better news is that after Norma comes tomorrow, our house will be the cleanest its been since we moved in.  I may not be the best example of cleanliness and organization, but stop by our house tomorrow after work to see our house at its finest.  Don't stop by after 6 because we'll have already destroyed Norma's and my hard work cleaning and organizing.

It seems that once again I will have to ask Norma to skip my room. With having to clean up and remove so much stuff the kids left out, I didn't have enough time to sort and organize my room. The mess is overwhelming and has taken over my room.

















No comments: