Friday, November 23, 2012

Day 11 - Black Friday in Bahrain

Daddy-O, 11/23/2012

Well Black Friday was in full effect here in Bahrain, although not from locals out in town.  I was on the base to do some laundry, and there were some serious lines inside the Navy Exchange (little shopping store for non-military folks).  I'm not sure if the deals were that good, or that we have been conditioned to shop on the day after Thanksgiving.  A question to ponder, and ironic since I was reading a very anti consumption book at the time.

As for the hotel, I'm in a very nice place, but just doesn't quite have the kitchen to do much.  From talking to folks here, the options are a furnished flat or executive apartments.  Since the cost to me will be the same, I'm not sure what to do. 

Option 1, Flat:  The one that I saw yesterday was spacious and nice.  Looked like maybe three bedrooms, a sitting room, a dinning room, and a big kitchen.  The most impressive thing was the small pool on the back patio.  I've heard that is pretty common. 

Option 2, Executive Apartments: The link shows one that I've heard about.  I'm sure there are others.  This just seems to have everything I need and am leaning this way.  I'm sure there will be more to report after I visit later.

All the best, and here is picture of Grand Mosque here in Bahrain.


Al Fateh Grand Mosque in Bahrain

Future Posts
- First meal out in town
- CNO and MCPON visit Bahrain

No comments: