Sunday, November 18, 2012

Day 5, 2012/11/17

Why does it affect me more that he got on his plane out of the country than dropping him off at the airport earlier this week?  I guess it's the reality of him being absent setting in.  We have been able to talk on the telephone and Skype multiple times daily since he left.  Now I don't know when we'll talk to him again.  Maybe it's that their isn't anyone to tag so I can sit quietly with my own thoughts or so I can rest since a cold is settling in.

But the reality is, I should be thankful.  Thankful that he's going to a country where he should be "safe", he should only be gone for less than a year, I have the financial resources to take our kids on vacation, and we are surrounded by people locally and afar that are willing to help out with all kinds of requests.  That's what I need to try to focus on.

P.S. Big sister and I shared a wonderful evening roller skating.  We can't wait to go again with our new skates.

No comments: