Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Day 8, 2012/11/20 (Daddy-O)

Well the USS John C Stennis pulled in yesterday and changed life here on little Naval Support Activity (NSA) Bahrain.  I'm not sure the exact number of folks assigned to NSA Bahrain, but adding about 5,000 people from a CVN is noticeable.  One example is the ATM line which is normally one or two people has been 20 deep or more at some points.   If you have time, read up on these amazing pieces of engineering (CVN).

While I make it sound like it is bad to have them here, I'm very happy that they get to take a break from their months at sea.  If people don't know, these folks spend months at sea doing the work of the nation and are rewarded with small breaks to pull into unknown lands.  While these visits have changed over the years, I know they are welcome.

Additionally, we had some special visitors today, and I'll fill you in on that tomorrow....

No comments: